Aims and Scope
TexMat Research Journal (Textiles and Materials Research Journal)
TexMat Research Journal is online-only journal, and has no print editions.
“TexMat Research Journal” is entirely open access, and an international peer-reviewed journal. The aim of the TexMat Research Journal is to offer a global forum for the publication, promotion, and dissemination of multidisciplinary scientific research in the area of textile sciences.
Textiles that can think for themselves! This concept is very progressive, and such textiles are a fact technically conceivable today and commercially feasible tomorrow. “Textiles”, now a days, is an integration of almost all disciplines of applied sciences like: Textile technology, Textile chemistry, Material science, Cloth manufacturing technology, Structural mechanics, Electronics, Artificial intelligence, Biotechnology. These myriad sciences are blended with one another to produce fashionable textiles which make our lives comfortable and luxurious. TEXTILES, however, are not just restricted to clothing and apparels but extend to many other applications like automobiles, robotics, aircrafts, medicine and surgery etc. The importance of these materials is so profound at some places (e.g. military battlefields) that they virtually act as lifesaving materials.
The scope of “TexMat Research Journal” covers the research findings that have not yet been published in the areas of (included but not limited).
• New development in textile fibres
• 2D and 3D fabric structures
• Advancement in knitting, weaving, nonwoven, and braiding technologies
• Protective textiles
• Smart textiles in medical and healthcare industry
• Sports and athletes textiles
• Advancement in body scanning technologies – garment – fit, size
• Electronic textiles – Conductive fibres/fabrics
• Geo, and automotive textiles
• Circular – sustainable textiles – Green materials
• Interactions between the textiles and human body
• Modelling and simulations
• Textiles based sensors
• Shape and stress memory materials
• Packaging textiles
• 3D printing and additive manufacturing
• Testing for smart textiles
• Marketing and competitiveness of smart textiles
• Other related to the smart textiles and technologies topics
The language of the articles is restricted to English only. Manuscripts from academic institutions, industrial research laboratories, independent scientists, and government research facilities are all welcomed.